HOME          VENDING MACHINES          NEWS          ABOUT VENCOA          CONTACT US















Vended Confections & Snacks

The sale of vending machine confections and snacks were determined by consumer desire for convenience and snack variety. Dietary concerns also played a role in determining sale of vending machine snacks. The increasingly varied assortment of snacks offered in vending machines have blurred the distinction between snack and food items. Vending machine items often replace meals. Demand for vending machines in certain locations was partially due in part to the popularity of “energy,” “breakfast,” and “meal replacement” bars.

Glassfront vending machines remained dominant and increased in locations. A more dispersed vending machine market, however, caused a slight dip in average unit volume of vended confections and snacks. A new trend which vending machine operators have found is the willingness of consumers to pay a higher price for premium products. The percentage of sale for snack and food products for 2004 are as follows:

SNACK TYPE
Candy Bars and Boxed Candy
Cookies and Crackers
Bagged Snacks and Pastries
Gum
Roll Candy
Nuts and other Snacks
popcorn

PERCENT OF SALES
23%
20%
38%
02%
02%
09%
06%

New technology in vending machines has allowed vending machine operators to automatically collect data on vending machine sales. Machine and location specific vending machine sales can help operators to monitor the movement and profitability of products being offered. Implementation of new technology is one tool that vending machine operators can use to increase profits. Such technology has generated the following data from 2004:

  • Snacks constituted 61.77% of sales through glassfront multi-product vending machines with the remaining 38.23% of sales being attributed to confections
  • In the Southern Region of the country (regarding glassfront multi-product vending purchases) 65.29% of sales were snacks and 34.71% of sales were confections
  • In the Northeastern Region of the country (regarding glassfront multi-product vending purchases) 61.31% of sales were snacks and 38.69% of sales were confections
  • In the Northern Central Region of the country (regarding glassfront multi-product vending purchases) 57.95% of sales were snacks and 43.37% of sales were confections
  • In the Western Region of the country (regarding glassfront multi-product vending purchases) 59.48% of sales were snacks and 40.52% of sales were confections

The total dollar volume of vending machine snack and confection sales in 2004 was $9,003,000,000 compared to $5,380,500,000 a decade ago.

 

For more information, please contact Peter LeVine or any one of his talented colleagues at (800) 223-4101, (650) 493-2258, or contact us through our

Buy Soda Vending Machines from Vencoa

All vending machines are priced lower than the identical machines from Selectivend, USI, Fawn, or Federal.

Plus we offer:

  • Zero Down Financing
  • Lower Interest Rates

Questions? (800) 223-4101 or contact us through our

*Vencoa is an authorized distributor of USI vending machines and is not an authorized distributor of Selectivend products.

 

Bookmark Us:

add to Google Google
add to Furl Furl
add to del.icio.us del.icio.us
add to Blinklist BlinkList
add to Digg Digg
add to stumbleupon StumbleUpon
add to My Yahoo My Yahoo



Stanford Financial Square      2600 El Camino Real      Palo Alto, CA      94306     (800) 223-4101     (650) 493-2258