Vencoa's prices are lower than machines from Selectivend, Fawn, Federal, or USI.
For as long as vending machines have existed, burglars have found ways into them. However, vending machine operators have more than just break-ins to worry about, they must guard against internal theft as well. Luckily, technology has provided an answer to combat vending machine thefts.
Today, there are a variety of electronic locks available to protect everything from soft drink and snack vending machines to coffee vending machines and ice cream vending machines. These locks offer several advantages as compared to conventional lock-key methods.
- Cannot be picked: Electronic vending machine locks can only be opened with an electronic key. Some systems designed for candy snack vending machines, cold food vending machines, and soft drink vending machines use non-contact infrared key fobs. This eliminates a visible lock on the front of the vending machines, which may deter thieves.
- Difficult to drill: Hardened steel roll pins can be incorporated into soft drink machine t-handle locks to prevent drill bits from coming into contact with the actual lock.
- Cannot duplicate keys: The software that is used to manufacture the electronic vending machine keys is encrypted so only the vending machine operator has access to key codes.
- Vending machine operator controls life of keys: The vending machine operator has full control over specific times that a key is active or how many times a key may be used to open a candy, snack or soft drink vending machine .
- Route people cannot open a machine off-hours: Since keys have a programmed life, they cannot be used after they are expired. Also, attempted vending machine lock openings can be tracked and traced back to individual keys and then to individual route people.
- No need to change all vending machine locks if one set of keys lost: Since electronic vending machine keys are inactivated regularly and the vending machine operator can quickly change key codes, a set of lost keys will not compromise vending machine security.
- Can monitor route person work habits: The trail of a route person is tracked throughout the day via the audit trail of lock-key interactions. A vending machine operator can determine the time taken to fill a particular soft drink vending machine or the time a route person took to get from one candy snack vending machine to the next.
The replacement of conventional vending machine locks with new electronic vending machine locks usually does not take more time than regular lock changes. Some styles of electronic locks replace the barrel plug locks, leaving the main locking components in place. In soft drink vending machines, the T-handle threaded lock is replaced, and in candy snack vending machines, the two-point bar and hook lock is replaced. Other systems do replace the entire vending machine locking mechanism which will take more time to install. Also in refrigerated vending machines (like cold food vending machines, soft drink vending machines, frozen food vending machines, and ice cream vending machines), electronic locks offer tighter seals than conventional locks. The resulting decrease in cold air leakage extends the compressor life and lowers energy costs for the vending machine operator.
Other ways that vending machine operators can increase vending machine security is by reinforcing weak components of the vending machine. Mechanical security panels can be installed to secure dollar bill acceptors from the front and rear of the vending machine. Finally, a vending machine operator could eliminate the use of cash by implementing cashless payment options.
For more information, please contact Peter LeVine or any one of his talented colleagues at (800) 223-4101, (650) 493-2258, or contact us through our Info Request form
Buy Soda Vending Machines from Vencoa
All vending machines are priced lower than the identical machines from Selectivend, USI, Fawn, or Federal.
Plus we offer:
- Zero Down Financing
- Lower Interest Rates
Questions? (800) 223-4101 or contact us through our Info Request form
*Vencoa is an authorized distributor of USI vending machines and is not an authorized distributor of Selectivend products.